1. Carrots are good for your skin too! Beta-carotene - found in carrots is a powerful antioxidant and will help your skin stay young longer. Some studies also show that beta-carotene can repair sun damage.
2. Salmon is not only delicious and is my favorite fish, it is also good for your skin as it is rich in the precious Omega-3 fatty acids. They help maintain cell membranes keeping skin healthy, hydrated and supple. According to some studies Omega 3 helps to protect skin against sun damage.
3. Tomatoes contain high levels of Vitamin C and lycopene. Vitamin C is involved in collagen production and protects cells from free radical damage. Lycopene is an effective antioxidant which fights the free radicals that damage skin cells, interfere with cells growth and activity.
4. Spinach is one of my favorites! It contains luitein. Studies show that lutein increases skin hydration, elasticity and skin lipid content.
5. Watermelon, be it a fruit or a plant, is not only the best treat on a hot summer day but the right way to hydrate your skin! Which is crusial to its beauty every day! Remember, hydration is absolutely necessary for the best healthiest function of the cells. According to Dr Murad eating water is much more effective than drinking water because this way fluid gets directly into the cells and is not waisted in our swollen ankles and puffy eyes! And listen to this, watermelons are 97% water!
The Water Secret by Dr.Murad